Related Items:banana, Derrick Kellier, Hague Agricultural and Livestock Show Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppMONTEGO BAY, Feb. 19 (JIS): Agriculture, Labour and Social Security Minister, Hon. Derrick Kellier, says major developments are to take place shortly in the Jamaica banana industry, with an emphasis on production for the export market.Addressing the opening of the Hague Agricultural and Livestock Show in Falmouth, Trelawny, on February 18, Mr. Kellier said the developments would include putting more lands into banana cultivation, in order to take advantage of a thriving market in the United Kingdom.Mr. Kellier said while on a recent visit to the United Kingdom, discussions were held with major stakeholders with a view of getting more Jamaican produce, mainly ripe and green bananas, into that market. “I can report very good news. Coming out of our trip to England, there are expressions of interest from three major importers of bananas, ripe and green, to which we have started to respond,” the Minister said.He added that emphasis will be placed on getting more idle lands into banana production, with over 381 hectares of land being targeted. “We will provide input assistance through the All Island Banana Growers Association (AIBGA) from a special credit scheme. The Banana Board will be intensifying its programme geared towards training farmers to increase their traceability and certification standards in the 2015/16 fiscal year,” the Minister said.He noted that St. Mary is currently Jamaica’s leading banana-producing parish, and that efforts will be made to bring sections of western Jamaica back into banana production.“We urge farmers to be a part of this development and to work with us to ensure that we have the productive capacity and the output to serve these markets that are emerging,” he told the gathering.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTurks and Caicos, April 27, 2017 – Providenciales – The second day of the Caribbean Development Bank’s Youth Vybzing Forum gets underway this morning also; catering to young entrepreneurs and potentials over three days. The Forum opened Wednesday at Beaches Resort with remarks from the main presenters and brought on behalf of the Minister of Education & Youth, Josephine Connolly. Thirty young adults filled the room and are counted as among the ‘creative beings’, some with start-ups already in fashion, jewelry, design and music.Today attention shifts to shaping creative projects led by Dr. Jo-Anne Tull, researcher, lecturer and consultant and Dexter Musgrave, a regional branding boss – both from Trinidad and Tobago.#MagneticMediaNews#CDBYouthVybzingForum2017 Related Items:#CDBYouthVybzingForum2017, #magneticmedianews
August 10, 2018 FacebookTwitter Posted: August 10, 2018 Categories: Local San Diego News KUSI Newsroom Updated: 1:19 PM KUSI Newsroom, Man who threatened Torrey Pines High School sent to jail, treatment SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – A former Torrey Pines High School student who posted threats targeting the school on his Instagram account was sentenced Friday to a year in custody, with at least six months to be served at a residential alcohol and mental health treatment facility.Kevin Matlak, 21, pleaded guilty last month to one count of making a criminal threat.Superior Court Judge Polly Shamoon placed Matlak on five years probation and ordered him to stay away from Torrey Pines High and have no contact with three people named in a criminal complaint.Defense attorney Brian Watkins said Matlak didn’t threaten anyone directly, but three former classmates — whom the defendant didn’t know — read his posts on Instagram and felt threatened by them.The classmates of Matlak’s who graduated in 2015 reported the threats to law enforcement on May 30, leading to his arrest.“I hate all of you,” Matlak wrote in one post, according to Deputy District Attorney Matthew Greco.“Get the (expletive) out of San Diego 2K18 before I find u,” the defendant wrote in another post. Matlak also posted a photo of him holding an AR-15 rifle in one hand and giving the middle finder with the other hand, Greco said.RELATED STORY: Former Torrey Pines High School student pleads guilty to making threatsThe principal of Torrey Pines High School wrote a letter to the court, detailing how the threats impacted him and his assistant principals, knowing that the person making the threats had not been arrested and knowing that they could be in harm’s way after they made the decision to keep the school open the next day.Kevin Matlak from 2015
It’s also notable that, as Condé Nast aggressively chases scale, it continues to place its preeminent viral content producers behind paywalls. Chief revenue officer Pam Drucker Mann told employees earlier this month that the company again hit records for digital and social audiences in February, and that its digital revenues will equal its print revenues in the second quarter.Instituting a paywall at VF.com had reportedly been a goal of Jones’s predecessor, longtime editor-in-chief Graydon Carter, before he revealed plans to step down last fall after 25 years running the magazine.Elsewhere at the company, Golf Digest unveiled a new subscription-based instructional video product, Golf Digest All Access ($99-per-year), on April 2. Vanity Fair is the latest magazine to place its online content behind a soft paywall in a bid to drum up more consumer-driven revenue.The Radhika Jones-led title becomes the third at Condé Nast to institute a metered paywall, following The New Yorker in 2014 and Wired earlier this year. Like Wired, Vanity Fair will allow visitors to read up to four articles for free each month, after which they’ll be asked to subscribe for an annual fee of $19.99—the same price for both print-and-digital or digital-only subscriptions.Continuing a trend carried over from last year, Vanity Fair is staking its value to readers on the critical role it plays in the current news climate.“At a moment when quality journalism is not a luxury, but a necessity, your commitment will enable us to invest in our reporting, writing, photography, and video, expanding into new areas and onto new platforms, with you, our core reader and viewer, clearly in focus,” Jones told readers in a note announcing the change. “We cannot do it without you.”
Email Demi Lovato: New Music Coming “Very Soon” demi-lovato-hints-new-music-could-be-coming-very-soon Demi Lovato Hints New Music Could Be Coming “Very Soon” The GRAMMY-nominated singer/songwriter is ready to move on from 2017’s ‘Tell Me You Love Me’ with new musicRenée FabianGRAMMYs May 29, 2018 – 11:16 am With her powerful duet with Christina Aguilera, “Fall In Line,” still hot off the presses, it seems Demi Lovato has had plenty of inspiration to push forward with new music of her own coming “very, VERY soon. … Could be a matter of weeks actually.”During a round of answering fan questions over the weekend, the GRAMMY-nominated singer/songwriter was asked about a third single from 2017’s Tell Me You Love Me, her sixth studio album. In response, Lovato tweeted that there would not be a third single and that she is ready to move on to something new. Pretty much… I have so much new music to release very VERY soon!!! https://t.co/EaAaiJ4mjD— Demi Lovato (@ddlovato) May 29, 2018Of course, the natural follow-up is whether or not a new single or album could be coming soon. And, in fact, the answer is yes: Lovato hinted that we should expect something new as soon as a few weeks, while also divulging that she has “so much new music to release.” Facebook News Twitter Very VERY soon…. could be a matter of weeks actually https://t.co/vOciaHp5mD— Demi Lovato (@ddlovato) May 29, 2018While it’s unclear if that means just new singles or the makings of her seventh studio album, it sounds like we won’t have to wait long to find out what’s in store next. In the meantime, you can still catch Lovato on her worldwide tour with DJ Khaled with dates through Nov. 27.Catching Up On Music News Powered By The Recording Academy Just Got Easier. Have A Google Home Device? “Talk To GRAMMYsRead more
WILMINGTON, MA — Below is a message from the Wilmington Senior Center:The Senior Center is looking for home delivered meal drivers for mother’s hours. Call the Senior Center at 978-657-7595 for more information.Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedSENIOR CENTER SPOTLIGHT: Wilmington Senior Center Wants To Thank Residents Who Help Out Their Senior NeighborsIn “Community”SENIOR CENTER SPOTLIGHT: Wilmington Senior Center Looking For Help With Home Delivered Meals ProgramIn “Community”SENIOR CENTER SPOTLIGHT: Wilmington Senior Center Issues Scam AlertsIn “Community”
The pre-Budget rally witnessed in stock markets in the last couple of days sustained itself on Friday, responding to Union Finance Ministery Arun Jaitley’s statement that his party’s defeat in the recent Delhi Assembly polls won’t slowdown economic reforms. The 30-scrip benchmark index – S&P BSE Sensex – has risen about 860 points in four straight trading sessions starting from Tuesday, to end slightly above 29,000 on Friday. Analysts are expecting it to cross the 30,000-mark, either days before the Budget or around 28 February, the day it will be presented. The target for the 50-scrip Nifty is 9,200.On Thursday, Jaitley, while speaking in the presence of US Treasury Secretary Jack Lew in New Delhi, had said, “The fact that four (state assembly) elections have been won and one has not been won is absolutely no ground for believing that there will be any slowdown on the path which we have undertaken.”Brokerages and investors are expecting Budget 2015 to contain proposals to increase capital spending and extend tax breaks for the manufacturing sector, which has continued to remain sluggish. U.S. Treasury Secretary Jack Lew (R) shakes hands with India’s Finance Minister Arun Jaitley before the fifth U.S.-India Economic and Financial Partnership Dialogue in New Delhi February 12, 2015.ReutersInvestors should look at the government’s spending plans and in areas that would receive more funds, Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund Co-CIO Mahesh Patil said.He added that the government should increase its spending in a few areas, with special emphasis on infrastructure and was keen to know the government’s plans to incentivise the manufacturing sector.With the BJP winning only three seats of the 70 in Delhi, investors were worried if Prime Minister Narendra Modi would go for ‘populist measures’. However, Jaitley was quick to dispel any such apprehension. Budget 2015Investors and analysts have seen the stock market gain momentum in the run up to the Budget. Expectations point to the markets hitting fresh records on hope of further reforms being initiated by the NDA government.They implore investors to continue to use every opportunity, particularly the volatilities to continue to stay invested, said EconomicTimes.The upcoming Budget is expected to be the harbinger of the government’s plan and direction for India over the next few years.
Public sector lender Andhra Bank on Friday said that it has entered into agreements with private insurers Cigna TTK and Reliance General Insurance to provide health and general insurance services to its customers.”The tie-up with both the insurance companies will immensely benefit the customers by providing alternatives in choosing products. These partnerships will provide mutual benefit to the bank and insurance companies in tapping the potential in the market and also help in increasing the insurance coverage,” PTI quoted the bank as saying in a statement.The agreement was signed by Andhra Bank Executive Director S K Kalra, MD and CEO of Cigna TTK Health Insurance Sandeep Patel and CEO of Reliance General Insurance Rakesh Jain.Andhra Bank shares closed at Rs. 60.95 apiece, down 0.08 percent from their previous close.There are 24 life insurance companies and 29 general insurance companies in India. The biggest life insurer is state-run Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) while public sector players in the general insurance space include National Insurance, New India Assurance, Oriental Insurance and United India Insurance Company Ltd.Insurers that have a presence in both the segments include ICICI Bank, SBI and Kotak.