19 01 20

first_img“At this point in my career, I’m looking to be happy, and play in the proper weeks, whether No. 1 or No. 5 in the rankings.”Top seed Nadal will start as the favourite to win in Mexico this week, where he also won in 2005 and 2013. Nadal meanwhile said he has fully recovered from the right leg injury that scuppered his Australian Open campaign.“I took a couple of weeks of rest and worked hard on rehabilitation,” he said. “Last week I started practising hard again. I feel ready. Injuries are part of my career. It’s not the first time.“Of course it’s tough, especially at this point when you feel ready to compete well.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson UK plans Brexit celebrations but warns businesses may suffer “For me it was a good chance to be fighting for an important title in Australia. But it happened and I can’t complain.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Phivolcs records 2 ‘discrete weak ash explosions’ at Taal Volcano Phivolcs records 2 ‘discrete weak ash explosions’ at Taal Volcano LATEST STORIES Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Spain’s Rafael Nadal challenges a line call as he plays Victor Estrella Burgos of the Dominican Republic during their first round match at the Australian Open tennis championships in Melbourne, Australia, Monday, Jan. 15, 2018. (AP Photo/Vincent Thian)Rafael Nadal says he will not be thinking about reclaiming his world number one ranking when he makes his return from injury at the Mexico Open in Acapulco on Tuesday.The 31-year-old Spanish star will play his first match since limping out of the quarter-finals at the Australian Open when he faces Feliciano Lopez. ADVERTISEMENT GALLERY: Barangay Ginebra back as PBA Governors’ Cup kings Sea turtle trapped in net freed in Legazpi City Nueva Ecija warehouse making fake cigarettes raided, 29 Chinese workers nabbed Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Jr. NBA draws record crowd in Butuan selection camp View comments Following his exit in Melbourne last month, Nadal has ceded his number one ranking to Roger Federer, who became the oldest player to claim top spot on February 19.While a victory this week would not be good enough to overhaul Federer, it would leave Nadal primed to replace the Swiss star at Indian Wells or Miami next month.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkNadal however insists he is not motivated by a desire to reclaim the position from his long-time rival.“I play this tournament because I like it and, not because I’m trying to be number one in the world,” Nadal said. Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hourslast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *