Oct 28, 2004 (CIDRAP News) – About 5 million additional doses of injectable flu vaccine have been identified that will hopefully be added to the US supply, according to an announcement made today by Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Tommy Thompson. In addition, 300,000 doses are being redirected to high-risk individuals from stores originally planned for military personnel and federal employees.The 5 million doses come from two foreign sources—a GlaxoSmithKline facility in Germany and an IDBiomedical facility in Canada, according to an HHS press release. US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) experts are traveling to those locations to evaluate the plants and the vaccines and plan for US acquisition if they pass inspection. Other foreign sources of vaccine continue to be explored as well, said Thompson.Vaccine from the new foreign sources would likely be distributed under investigational new drug (IND) status, according to Thompson. This would require vaccinees to sign a consent form and to follow up with a healthcare worker after receiving the injection.Additional injectable doses numbering about 200,000 are being freed up by substituion of MedImmune’s inhalable FluMist vaccine for some military personnel who were to receive shots. Another100,000 injectable doses are being redirected from the Federal Occupational Health service to high-priority populations, according to the release.”We’re growing stronger each week in our supply of vaccines and medicines, which makes us optimistic about our ability to protect the American public as we go into flu season,” Thompson said.Thompson also pointed out that the nation has enough antiviral medicine stockpiled to potentially prevent or treat flu in more than 40 million people. In addition, he announced that Merck & Co. is increasing production of its Pneumovax 23 vaccine, which can be used in children older than 2 and in adults to protect against pneumonia, one of the major complications of influenza. Merck will make available 17 to 18 million doses, compared with the 6 to 7 million doses normally produced.”On behalf of the President, I want to extend the administration’s appreciation to citizens across America, who in accordance with CDC guidelines, are forgoing the flu shot so that someone in a priority category can get one,” Secretary Thompson said. “Working together, we can make sure that the vaccine doses go to those who are most vulnerable.”The new doses expand upon the 61 million already in the process of distribution. This supply comprises 58 million injectable doses from Aventis Pasteur and 3 million inhalable doses from MedImmune. The planned total supply of 100 million doses was cut in half when 46 to48 million doses expected from Chiron Corp. were suddenly cancelled early this month because of contamination concerns.See also:HHS Oct 28 Press Releasehttp://archive.hhs.gov/news/press/2004pres/20041028a.html
108 Salerno St, Surfers Paradise has sold for $1.1 million.A SYDNEY family is swapping city life for beach life after splashing $1.1 million on a Surfers Paradise property.Ray White Broadbeach agent Eddie Wardale handled the sale and said the family spent $10,000 more than the listing price.“They were aware that multiple offers had been received by a local buyer and another Sydney buyer and came in with a cash unconditional offer above the asking price to secure the home,” he said.More from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North10 hours ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa1 day ago“(The) young family were looking to relocate to the Gold Coast for a better lifestyle and climate.“They were attracted to the property for the large block size of 1050sq m.”The Isle of Capri property at 108 Salerno St features a three-bedroom two-bathroom house with plenty of scope to renovate.It last changed hands for $300,000 in 2001. 108 Salerno St, Surfers Paradise. 108 Salerno St, Surfers Paradise. read more
<span data-mce-type=”bookmark” style=”display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;” class=”mce_SELRES_start”></span>Anse du Portier Monaco has just released the latest video update on their land reclamation project in Monaco. The caisson belt has been closed and the land appeared.The sand for this scheme comes from areas located around Marseille, France, and Piombino, Italy.This new piece of Monegasque territory will host a luxury eco-district comprising 150 upscale apartments, an underground car park, a coastal promenade, a green park, public facilities, an extension of the Grimaldi Forum and an animation port.
A Memorial Celebration of Life for Robert Edward Newman, age 91, will be held this Saturday, July 8 at 3:00 p.m. at Neal’s funeral Home with doors opening at 2:00 p.m. with burial following at Tanglewood Cemetery near Versailles. Bob, formerly of Osgood, passed away at Ft. Pierce, Florida on December 27, 2016. He was born July 8, 1925 in West Virginia, the 8th child of the late Pearl S. and Laveda A. Logue Newman. Due to extenuating circumstances, when Bob was just one year old, Melvin and Beatrice Baird took Bob as their very own to raise and moved to St. Louis, Missouri. When he was around 13 years old, he moved to Cleveland, Ohio to be with his sister Norma.At age 17, he joined the US Navy and served his country. After serving his country, he came back to his roots in West Virginia. There he met his wife, Virginia Mae Pittman and they were united in marriage on March 20, 1947 near Charleston, WV. They were blessed with four children. After a 57 year marriage, she preceded him in death October 25, 2005.Bob embodied a true entrepreneurial spirit! In the beginning of their marriage, they moved to Detroit, MI where he started his own business as a building contractor along with working for Ford Motor Company. He was involved in many capacities of building from pouring concrete, electrical work, construction and sewer man holes. He steadily climbed the ladder in business when in 1959 he was given a contract in Speedway, IN to put in all the sewer work for Speedway Shopping Center. After purchasing a farm in Zionsville, IN, he built a horse barn and show arena and bought and sold horses. Bob had a close friend who was involved in real estate by the name of Jim McMahon. He joined forces with Jim and successfully dealt in the real estate world! Later, in the 1980’s, he and his son, Sidney were involved in the lumber business in Bridgeport, IN. Finally in 2001 he retired, and Bob and Virginia moved to Osgood.Sadly after his wife’s passing, he decided to live his life to the fullest and traveled to many places in the world always accompanied with a different family member. Some of those places included, Japan, Singapore, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Panama Canal, Budapest, Hungary and a cruise on the Baltic Sea! His favorite of all was St. Petersburg, Russia. As a father, he tried to instill strong work ethics and values in his children, stating, “He wanted to teach them to be tough, because you don’t get nothing for free in this world!”Survivors include sons: Melvin T. of Fort Pierce, FL, and Sidney E. (Pam) Newman of Wanamaker, IN; daughter, Joyce F. (Tom) Greene of Greencastle, IN. eight grandchildren, many great grandchildren and two great-great grandchildren also survive. He was preceded in death by one daughter, Valerie Sue Benham in 2011 and his wife, Virginia in 2005; brothers, Elmer, Earl, Denver and Bill: sisters, Norma Ferrari, Meryl Kaatz and Beryl Hodges.Neal’s Funeral Home entrusted with arrangements. read more
October 26, 2017 Police Blotter102617 Batesville Police Blotter102617 Decatur Coiunty Law Report102617 Decatur County EMS Report102617 Decatur County Fire Report102617 Decatur County Jail Report
Read Also: Premier League start date for 2020-21 season revealedBut the match could prove costly for Juventus before the return leg of their Champions League last 16 tie against Lyon on August 7, when they need to overturn a 1-0 deficit from the first match in France.Danilo took a knock, while influential forward Paulo Dybala limping off with a muscular problem early in the match will be a worry for Sarri with Lyon’s visit to Turin less than two weeks away.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 The five-time Ballon d’Or winner missed a late penalty but Maurizio Sarri’s side moved seven points ahead of second-placed Inter Milan to seal a 36th ‘Scudetto’. He also matched former Italy World Cup winner Felice Borel, who was the last player to score 31 goals for Juventus in the 1933-34 season.But he remains three goals behind Serie A’s leading scorer Ciro Immobile, who scored a hat-trick earlier in Lazio’s 5-1 win over Hellas Verona.“Delighted for the second consecutive championship and to continue building the history of this great and splendid club,” said Ronaldo on Instagram.“This title is dedicated to all Juventus fans, in particular to those who have suffered and are suffering from the pandemic that has taken us all by surprise by overturning the world.“It was not easy! Your courage, your attitude and your determination were the strength we needed to face this tight final of the championship and fight to the end for this title that belongs to all of Italy.“A big hug to you all!”The breakthrough came in the final move of the first half, when Pjanic cleverly rolled a pass across the penalty area to allow Ronaldo to lash home his 31st league goal of the season.Juventus made sure of the title in second half when Bernardeschi pounced on the rebound of a Ronaldo shot and tapped in a decisive finish.Sampdoria had no way back into the game and had to play the final 20 minutes a man down when Morten Thorsby was sent off for a second yellow card. The title is Sarri’s first and extends a record run which Antonio Conte started with three titles from 2012 and Massimiliano Allegri continued with the following five.Sarri’s team had missed the chance to wrap up the title on Thursday when the ‘Old Lady’ of Italian football fell to a 2-1 defeat at Udinese.But they made no mistake at the Allianz Stadium despite being pushed hard by Claudio Ranieri’s Sampdoria, one of the most in-form teams since the return of Serie A from the three-month coronavirus lockdown.“It is the most beautiful success, even the most difficult because we wanted it and suffered,” said defender Leonardo Bonucci. “We started on a new path with a lot of scepticism around us, we gave everything, despite some slip-ups.“It was a complicated year for everyone in the world, it was difficult to return after so many months not playing.”– Ronaldo ‘delight’ –Despite his 35 years Ronaldo shrugged off the quick succession of matches played in hot summer weather after the lockdown, bringing his tally to 31 this season.The Portuguese striker has scored 10 goals since football returned in Italy on June 20, more than any other player in Europe. Cristiano Ronaldo celebrated in style after powering Juventus to their ninth straight Serie A title on Sunday night, courtesy of a 2-0 win over Sampdoria that put them over the line with two matches to go. Ronaldo opened the scoring deep into first half stoppage time in Turin and then had a hand in Federico Bernardeschi netting the second after 66 minutes.Advertisement Loading… read more
Decatur County, IN—INDOT will begin winter damage repairs on a nine-mile section of I-74 in Decatur County on Friday, October 11, weather permitting. Work will take place from Exit 132 (U.S. 421) to Exit 123 (St. Paul/Middletown) through early December.Various lane closures will be in place while concrete and asphalt replacement is completed. Crews will begin repairs in westbound lanes, followed by eastbound. Motorists should slow down, use extra caution and drive distraction-free when traveling through work zones. All work is weather dependent.
A couple of trick questions in our previous quizzes were so unfair they could have been set by Lee Mason. Some of these 10 questions are tough though – see how many you can answer/guess correctly…[wp-simple-survey-1]Click here for previous QPR quizzesAdChoices广告Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
There’s more good news for Connacht today as Jack Carty, Dennis Buckley and Quinn Roux have all agreed new deals with the Pro 12 champions.All 3 of those players started in last Saturdays dramatic Champions cup win over Wasps at the Sportsground.They join Tom McCartney, Bundee Aki, Ultan Dillane, Finlay Bealham Niyi Adeolokun, Sean O’Brien, James Connolly, Peter Robb and Caolin Blade in signing contract extensions with the side.
Casey Hennessy the star of the Lidl All Ireland Post Primary School Senior C-final – scoring a hat-trick of goals in Presentations Thurles’s win over Holy Faith in O’Moore Park.Their game finiahed Pres Thurles 4-10 Holy Faith 2-10.Not such good news for Loreto Clonmel. They lost out 1-8 to 3-12 against St. Joseph’s Rochfort in the Senior B football Final.