1 Ozan Tufal scored Turkey’s second goal Northern Ireland have qualified for the last 16 of Euro 2016 after Turkey beat Czech Republic in Lens.Turkey needed to win by four goals to guarantee themselves one of the four best third-place finishes and Burak Yilmaz got an early goal towards that target.Ozan Tufal doubled the lead in the second half to seal third in Group D but they face a nervous wait as Groups E and F conclude on Wednesday.They will need one of third-placed teams in either of those two groups to finish with a record worse than three points and a minus two goal difference.Czech Republic got on the front foot immediately, winning an early corner, and retained possession well in the opening exchanges.However, it was Turkey who broke the dead lock in the 10th minute as Barcelona’s Arda Turan fed Emre Mor on the right before Borussia Dortmund’s new signing pulled the ball back for Yilmaz to hit home at the near post.The Czech’s tried to hit back and nearly did six minutes later but Tomas Sivok’s back post header rebounded against the post before being cleared by Turkey.The goal was the only touch Turkey had managed in the Czech penalty area by the half-hour mark as the game descended into a number of niggly fouls preventing the flow of play.After the break it was more of the same as the game continued to have a scrappy feel to it, but Mor had a good chance when he ran at the Czech defence and fired the ball just over Petr Cech’s crossbar.And immediately down the other end Vladimir Darida had an opportunity to level the scores but his low, right-footed drive was held well by Volkan Babacan.Turkey’s second goal came after 65 minutes when a Turan free kick landed at the feet of Mehmet Topal who, with his back to goal, layed the ball back to Tufal who in turn lashed the ball into the roof of the net.The second goal sent Turkey above Albania in the third place table meaning they are relying on one of Group E and F providing a third-placed team with a worse record.
CLEVELAND — This summer saga, packed with drama, celebrity and clumsiness, isn’t quite over for the Browns.Hoyer vs. Manziel marches on.Cleveland first-year coach Mike Pettine still hasn’t chosen his Week 1 starting quarterback, and that’s not his fault. Brian Hoyer and Johnny Manziel haven’t convinced him — or anyone, really — that they deserve the job.Pettine had been expected to announce during a teleconference on Aug., 19 whether Hoyer, the inexperienced veteran and hometown hero coming back from knee surgery, or Manziel, the hyped rookie and former Heisman Trophy winner, would start the Sept. 7 opener at Pittsburgh.But the decision has been delayed and it could carry through Cleveland’s third preseason game on Aug. 23. Pettine said Cleveland’s coaching staff will meet Aug. 20 and could then choose a starter. Maybe.“We’re not in position to make it at this point in time,” Pettine said of an announcement many Browns fans have been anxiously awaiting for months.“We’ll decide later if we’re ready to name a starter. We could have one named, and I’m not ruling that out. That’s something we’re going to discuss. And if we do have to wait until after the next game, so be it.“We’re going to weigh everybody’s opinion. I’m very clearly on record: I would like to make a decision, and that’s still very much a possibility.”Pettine reiterated that “all options are on the table,” meaning he could name Hoyer or Manziel or push a decision back until after the Browns host the St. Louis Rams in their third exhibition.Pettine’s choice grew much tougher after Hoyer and Manziel both played poorly in a 24-23 exhibition loss at Washington on Aug. 18.Hoyer started and missed wide-open receivers and appeared to be buckling under the pressure of not being able to put an end to his competition with Manziel.Hoyer finished 2-of-6 for 16 yards, hardly the numbers he needed to solidify starting. “It was embarrassing,” Hoyer said.Manziel’s most memorable moment may have been when he made an obscene gesture toward the Redskins’ sideline, an act Pettine called “extremely disappointing” and will likely result in a fine from the NFL.When he was only using his right hand to throw, Manziel completed 7-o- 16 passes for 65 yards one touchdown, which came against Washington’s backups.Pettine said the quarterbacks weren’t the only ones who had unsatisfactory games.“There were a lot of guys that had some plays they’d want to take back,” he said. “I just think it was overall inconsistency on the offense. It’s hard for a quarterback to look good when the guys around them aren’t playing well.”As for Manziel getting caught on national TV flashing his middle finger at the Redskins, Pettine said that behavior — as well as the 21-year-old’s other offseason conduct — will be factored into the decision on a starter.“We’ll take into account all things quarterbacks A to Z,” Pettine said. “So it’s body of work, it’s everything from the time they set foot in the building back in the spring up until today.”Manziel said he was taunted by Redskins players and he responded not realizing the world was watching. Following the game, Manziel acknowledged “I should’ve been smarter.”Pettine has preached to his players about staying poised and Manziel didn’t show any in responding to the trash talk he was hearing from Washington’s defenders and bench.“We talk about ‘Play like a Brown,’” Pettine said. “We want our guys to act like a Brown and we want this to be a first-class organization. We have hundreds, thousands of kids come to our training camp practices and look up to our players and that type of behavior is unacceptable.“It’s something that’s part of football that you have to maintain your poise and your composure, especially at that position and he should know better than anyone that all eyes are on him. I know it’s something that will be addressed by the league and will be addressed internally.”Pettine, maybe more than anyone, wants the QB competition — and ceaseless discussion — to end. But he won’t stop it until he’s certain he’s chosen the right quarterback to lead the Browns into Heinz Field in a few weeks. He knows the longer it goes, the harder it will be for Cleveland’s struggling offense to build momentum.“We want to get the decision right so that might be the risk-reward with it,” he said. “If we want to make sure that we are diligent with it and do the right thing, then I don’t want to rush it and make it for the sake of making it. Then, you’re risking the chemistry and the cohesion if you have the wrong guy there.“There is a decent amount of time left still until Pittsburgh. These were under ideal circumstances that we could name this week, and again, I’m not ruling that out.”(TOM WITHERS, AP Sports Writer)TweetPinShare0 Shares read more
ALERT # 2 ON POTENTIAL TROPICAL CYCLONE NINE ISSUED BY THE BAHAMAS DEPARTMENT OF METEOROLOGY THURSDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, 2019 AT 9 PM EDT The Luxury of Grace Bay in Down Town Provo Related Items:#magneticmedianews Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppNassau, Bahamas, February 23, 2017 – BahaMar investor is hoping the provision of jobs through their massive development will help to curb crime in the Capital. Graeme Davis, President of Chow Tai Fook Enterprises Bahamas expressed to media that the surge in crime is concerning as it does effect tourism. Davis added that, “…we can help, certainly putting people back to work and creating a couple thousand jobs and then growing to that 5,000 jobs, I think it will have a positive impact.” There is also concern that the Government seems unable to find a remedy for the landfill problem; a stinky situation which has aggravated residents and threatens the pleasant appeal of resorts like Baha Mar. “There is a committee being put in place and we all expect action as good business owners and residents we demand it.”Media challenged the executive on the possibility that the soft opening date of BahaMar on April 21st is to influence at the General Elections; Davis denied that charge.#MagneticMediaNews Electricity Cost of Service Study among the big agenda items at September 11 Cabinet meeting Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp read more
The House appears to have sufficient support from defense hawks, Democrats and mainstream Republicans to pass the two-year budget deal during a planned Wednesday vote.The primary opposition to the agreement — which would increase discretionary spending by $80 billion over fiscal 2016 and 2017 and extend the nation’s debt limit through March 2017 — is from conservatives who object to lifting the caps set four years ago by the Budget Control Act.“I think every Democrat will vote for it and there will be enough Republicans in the conference that ultimately the deal will be passed. That doesn’t mean I agree with it,” said Rep. Matt Salmon (R-Ariz.), a veteran conservative.“It will be a big bipartisan vote,” Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) told the Hill.Several snags Tuesday night, however, threatened to delay the House vote. Some Republicans criticized the bill after the Congressional Budget Office determined it only includes about $75.7 billion in spending cuts to offset $89.7 billion in spending increases.The other sticking point was a reduction in crop insurance payments added to the bill to offset higher spending. Farm state lawmakers objected to the cut, which would raise $3 billion over 10 years.Senate Republicans also appeared to favor the budget deal, reported the Washington Post. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) praised the agreement for adding money for defense without raising taxes.“I’m hopeful and optimistic that that bill will come over to the Senate, and when it does, we’ll take it up,” McConnell said. A Senate vote would follow one in the House, and may not take place until next week.The deal was negotiated largely in secret by House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), McConnell and Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), along with White House officials.The $80 billion in spending increases would be offset through savings from changes to the Social Security Disability Insurance fund and Medicare payments to doctors and other health care providers. New revenue would be raised by auctioning off portions of the federal broadcast spectrum, selling oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve and by efforts to increase tax compliance by large business partnerships, according to the Post. Dan Cohen AUTHOR read more